Sunday, January 26, 2014

That Wonderful Chair

Ellie Kate's chair has now left our home.  I'm so grateful for the prayers you said on our behalf concerning this very thing.  Your texts and messages about it have meant so much.  Really, I felt like part of me was leaving our house as that chair was loaded and driven away.  It was heart-breaking, and I sobbed like a baby.  That was MY Daughter's chair.

One of our friends, Amy McLean sent me a message and told me about something she had seen on Pintrest.  So, we decided to make some lasting memories with Ellie's chair, and with Amy's recommendation, we did some special artwork!

These little canvases are precious to me - precious to our family.  Each of the boys will have one to take with them as they grow and move on in life.  Mike has one for his office.  We have some for our home.  The tracks of that chair will stay with us forever through these canvases.  What a dear thought.

I wanted to share these photos with you tonight.  I wanted you to see how God allowed us to make lasting artwork out of Ellie Kate's chair.  He orchestrated it so beautifully, and I think they turned out really well (thanks to my artistic husband!).  I'm thankful to Amy as well, whose own daughter suffers from a genetic mitochondrial disorder; thankful that she came across those ideas on Pintrest; thankful that she shared the ideas with me.

Enjoy these sweet photos and the last few pics we took of the chair itself (holding some priceless cargo, I might add!) . . .

Ryan







No comments:

Post a Comment

50k Try