Monday, January 13, 2014

New Beginnings and Heavy Hearts

Howdy, Friends.  It's been a while since I've posted and blogged, so I will jump right in . . .

The New Year has felt like a new beginning for me.  A victorious beginning, knowing that we truly survived a full year without our Princess.  In hitting 2014, I felt so . . . relieved and my heart was joyful. 

Last week, some of our friends took us on an AMAZING trip, which was just truly a dream come true.  There is no way we would have been able to go to this special place without God providing a way, and that He truly did!  We are so, so grateful and thankful for their generosity. Talk about reckless love.  I mean seriously - who pays for another couple to go on a trip?!  Totally amazing.  It was good to get away, to have an adventure and to just LAUGH! 

Maybe it's the "coming down" from the incredible trip.  Maybe it's the "coming down" off of the precious Month of Reckless Love, down from the wonders of Christmas, down from an entire month focused on Ellie Kate.  Whatever it is, I am just tired emotionally and physically.  And more than anything, I miss my Daughter.  I miss my Ellie Kate.  I guess that's why I was pretty much a mess today. 

Another reason for my high emotions is because of our sweet friend, McKenna who is on life support in Dallas. We met McKenna's parents, Matt and Marianne, at Lilly Haas' life celebration almost six years ago.  We've stayed in touch since then, and have gotten our girls together several times.  Ellie and McKenna are very different in their diagnoses, but they both act quite a bit alike.  Both girls would "hop" to get where they wanted to go.  Both suffered seizures, although McKenna's have become terribly life-threatening at this point.


 


We love McKenna.  She is Ellie's friend.  And we love Matt and Marianne like our little brother and sister.  Our hearts break for them as they watch their daughter hooked up to countless machines and pumps, not knowing if she will wake up or if she will ever breathe on her own again.   We are asking our "Team" (that's YOU) to step in and love them recklessly and in prayer.

Here's how to pray:
  • pray for McKenna's brain to heal
  • pray for her to do well on the vent and eventually breathe on her own
  • pray for her to wake from her coma (at the right time)
  • pray for Marley and Micah, McKenna's brother and sister, as they watch this unfold
  • pray for Matt and Marianne - that God would give them indescribable peace and wisdom
My heart is heavy this evening, even though God has truly given us a fresh and new beginning with this new year.  We know He wants to heal and restore us and our relationships.  We know He wants to take us on adventures.  We know He has GOOD things in store.  And yet, even in knowing all of these good things, my heart hurts in missing my Daughter and in knowing how fragile McKenna's earthly life is at this time. 

Heavy-Hearted,
Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment

50k Try