Friday, December 13, 2013

Show Some Reckless Love!



Thank you for your faithful prayers for our Lucy Belle.  She is still in the hospital and isn't up to full feeds just yet.  That means she isn't tolerating her feedings through her feeding tube (g-tube), and thus isn't getting enough calories on her own just yet.  We still don't have an answer to the tremors either, which have now moved to her head and are affecting her entire body.  The good news is that Lucy's bowels are working much better now!  This is a HUGE praise.  We just want our girl to get better so that she can come home healthy and we can head out on our trip!

This week really has been one of peace and joy.  Our Father has been so gracious, and so have you!  I have been loved on each day, and I am so grateful for that.  Thank you for stepping out and loving our family well. 

Today I was a little more emotional that I have been during this hospital stay.  For various reasons, I ended up in the lobby/atrium several times today.  There stands the giant Christmas tree and the sled that Ellie and I took our picture in front of last year, thanks to my friend Jenni Khufal.  It's a special memory. 

I started crying today as I saw a sweet momma wheel her teenage daughter over to that tree and take a very similar picture.  It was precious.  Her daughter had several pumps going, meaning she was on fluids and meds.  Her hair was covered, and I assume she was a cancer patient.  My eyes filled with tears as I saw that precious mom and her daughter take their picture there in front of that special tree.  Would this be the last Christmas they would spend together?  Regardless of the situation, I know that picture will be something special to them both.

In my typical fashion, I later went over to the momma and hugged her.  I think I scared her terribly - especially because she didn't speak English.  But, that sweet daughter did, and I was able to thank her for sparking a special memory in me.  I told her very briefly about my EK and how we had taken that same picture last year.  I hugged her too, and told her "Merry Christmas".  To be honest, I think she was a little scared of me (who wouldn't be scared of a crying stranger coming up and hugging you in the hospital?!).  But, I was glad I shared nonetheless.  Thank you, Jesus for reminding me of that picture of Ellie Kate taken by dear Jenni (who is now fighting for her life).  He is just SO GOOD. 

What have you been doing to love on others?  How have you stepped out of your comfort zone to love recklessly?  Our family wants to know your story!  If you've done something in honor of Ellie Kate, please post on our FB Event Page, or even send it to me privately.  We want to see how God is using Ellie's life to love on others this year. 

And, it's not too late to change your Facebook Profile Pic either!  Check out possible options.  Of course, you are also welcome to use a photo of our Sweet Girl as well:


 
 
 
Thank you for loving and for participating in this experiment of reckless love!!
Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment

50k Try