Friday, December 27, 2013

Ellie's Life Celebration - The Greatest of These is Love!





One year ago tomorrow, we held the Life Celebration of Ellie Kate McLaughlin.  I can't believe it's been an entire year.  Tonight, I've spent time watching the video of the service.  Oh my goodness, how beautiful it was!  Each and every part was so arranged by the Lord.  I am SO incredibly grateful that Ellie's service was so honoring to her and to the Lord Jesus.  
I was shocked with just how much of that service was focused on "Reckless Love", just like the love we've asked you to participate in during the month of December.  As John Riner so strongly said that day, "Real love is not convenient. Love is not love without sacrifice in it". 


 That so obviously reminds me of this verse, I Corinthians 13:13,
 "So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; 
but the greatest of these is love"

Would you do me a favor?  If you haven't seen the video, would you take a look at it? It's easy - just click on this link:   Ellie Kate's Life Celebration.   I don't think you will be disapointed.  I think you will be encouraged to go out and love more deeply, with more purpose; to love recklessly.  And I think you will really enjoy the beautiful video tribute to Ellie as well.  All of the precious pictures of our Sweet Girl!  You surely don't want to miss seeing those. 






That day was huge for me as Ellie's Mamma.  It is true that mammas often dream of seeing their daughter in a wedding gown one day, walking down the isle.  They look forward to their daughter's union and the planning that takes place with it.  From early on, I knew that Ellie and I wouldn't get to have that experience together.  I knew she would never marry, nor live into adulthood.  I knew Mike and I would plan her funeral instead of helping her plan her wedding.  In all sincerity, we became okay with that reality.  God allowed this life to be given to us, and we trust Him - that includes the plannings of all weddings and funerals. 

That day was particularly special to us because it was a huge celebration for Our Daughter, and I guess the pride and emotion I felt was much like a Mamma feels for a daughter on her wedding day, as strange as it sounds.  I was SO proud of how many people came out to celebrate EKM, especially on a snowy day right after Christmas.  I was so proud of how everything looked - it was all so beautiful, and Ellie would have loved it!  Especially that dance floor - I mean, who wouldn't?!  I was overwhelmed with gratefulness that so many would jump in and help make the service beautiful, special, sincere, and intentional.  







So, today I thank you for being a part of that day with us - whether you were there in person or in spirit.  I want to thank those who worked on the photos, for those who framed the beautiful masterpieces of Ellie Kate.  I'd like to thank everyone who sang, who spoke so freely and eloquently.  I want to thank those who decorated tirelessly, working on balloons for the balloon release, working on the decorations, the dance floor and dance music;  I want to thank those who wrote letters to Ellie Kate and those who drew pictures that day.  

Thank you for those who put those precious items in a beautiful book for us! Thank you to those who worked on the photos, the frames, the music for the dance floor.  I want to thank those who made food for our family that day, and those who served the meal to us before the service.  And to everyone who did things behind-the-scenes that I don't even know about - THANK YOU!  

And lastly, I thank you for praying for us on that day, and for praying for those who led worship and those who shared God's Word.  I thank you for truly celebrating Our Daughter.  It was a celebration like no other, and I am humbled and full of emotion tonight as I look back on it with pride and appreciation.    

In His Love,
Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment

50k Try