Thursday, December 26, 2013

Home




We made it home from our lovely getaway, and all are safe and sound.  Our house is in better shape than when we left, thanks to dear friends, and Mike is even back at work (he's a trooper, that Man!).  Ours was a strange Christmas, a different Christmas, but a good one.  It felt so good to get home late last night, but it also hit us again that Ellie wasn't with us, nor would she ever be again in this lifetime.

I know it sounds silly that I still have those thoughts, like Ellie Kate is never coming home again.  That should be so obvious.  But grief is a strange and cruel thing, and it hits you out of nowhere, just like a train that you don't see coming.  As we end this month of Reckless Love comes to an end, I am a mess of mixed emotions. However, I find myself even more grateful than ever for the great things God has done.

How precious and mysterious it is that God took Ellie during her birthday month, during the holidays.  As someone pointed out to me earlier this week, what a sweet thing that God called Ellie Kate Home during a time when He knew we would be surrounded with love, peace, generosity, and reckless love forever; Christmas time.

Tonight I am grateful.  My heart is truly full.  You all have blessed us so much by remembering EKM during this month, especially during this week.  Your messages, emails, cards, phone calls, FB posts have just been so uplifting to us - I can't even express how life-giving you have been to us in these weeks!  On Ellie's birthday alone, we had photos of balloon releases from MA, AZ, CA, CO, NM, KS, AR, OK, FL, AL and more!  Truly, a precious, precious thing to see.  I wish I could tell you how my heart soars as you remember our Daughter.

I want you to know that while you pray for us, we are praying for you as well.  We have hoped and prayed that your Christmas celebrations have been special, full of incredible memories, love and laughter.  With all sincerity, we love you dearly and appreciate you more than you could ever know.

Glad to be Home,
Ryan



No comments:

Post a Comment

50k Try