Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Out of the Bubble

God's Beautiful Promises

It seems as though our family is coming out of the Bubble that has held us for so long.  Maybe I should say that it is partially coming off of us, or we are partially stepping out of it.  I am sure that many of you are tired of hearing about the struggles and issues we've dealt with, but it's just our life. The scales are falling off, and the load is getting lighter, and I'm pretty excited about it.  

Last weekend, we attended an anniversary party for our church, Bridgeway Church.  Mike and I have attended this Precious Body since we were dating - thirteen years ago!  It was so fun to see so many faces and to also be reminded of God's faithfulness.  However, Mike was a bit sad when we left the party.  He said that there are so many people that have loved on us and have prayed for us for SO long, and he doesn't know very many of them well.  I am completely convinced that it is because of the Bubble we've been in, and it saddens my heart.  

I don't pretend to know what it's like to go through many different "survival mode" situations.  But, I do know what's it like to feel that you have been given a burden that you don't feel prepared for; to feel as though you are trapped and that your dreams have been trampled.  I know what's its like to lose my Precious Daughter and to hurt more deeply than I ever thought possible.  I also know what it's like to choose each day to love Lucy like there is no tomorrow, because there truly may not be.  To struggle spiritually, financially, socially, mentally, physically over your family, your marriage, health, and everything in between; to have felt so deeply and disparingly that you don't know if you can return to "normal", or what you hoped would be your normal.  

So now, there is this new freedom that we are feeling as a family and as a couple . . . we are trying out new adventures with our kids, spending extra special time with the boys, going on date nights and focusing on our marriage.  We've been able to host friends from out of town and even plan a few short trips this summer to see family.  These are all things that we haven't been able to do before.  We just haven't been in a place to do this in so long and it feels so good!  

The Kids with Paul Archibald, our Son from Boston!
Boys Being Boys
Sweet Memories
Henry the Hobbit

Family walks and baby-wearing!

Jesus has set us free, and we are learning to live in that freedom again.  Being free and FEELING free are both amazing things, and I'm so grateful, so hopeful, so excited to slowly be tipping my toes into the freedom that God is reintroducing to our lives . . .

Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment

50k Try