Wednesday, June 25, 2014

My Sweet Little Men

Parenting is hard, ya'll.  Can I get an "amen"? Mike and I have the great, great privilege of raising two beautiful, tender-hearted young men.  I am so grateful for the chance to parent both special-needs and typical children.  The job is so different; the ebb and flow is completely opposite, and I often feel that we never quite parent either one well.  I think that's probably true for all parents though, right?



Our Little Men have been through a lot.  I do not put them on a pedestal, as I know each and every individual goes through their own trials and experiences throughout their lives.  I just know what I've lived, and what my own children have been through, which is a lot for their young ages.  I don't think I will ever know the impact the special-needs life has had or will have on Conner and Henry.  I don't think I will ever know the extent to which they are affected by the death of their Ellie Kate.





As many of you know, both Conner and Henry have experienced behavior issues since Ellie's death.  This, of course, is completely normal.  It's normal for adults, who know how to speak and express themselves.  Imagine being a young child, not knowing how to say the things you are feeling?  We've been through family counseling, group counseling and have had the boys in individual therapies.  All of these things have helped tremendously, however the Lord has recently revealed that our Sweet Boys needed more help.



I don't want to invade their privacy, or exploit them in any way.  I share this with you so that you can pray for our Boys.  Rarely do I focus on them here on the Blog or in my posts, but that doesn't mean that we don't focus on them.  Quite the opposite - I often think we spend more time on and with them than we do with Lucy (or did with EK).

Would you pray that God would heal the hearts of Conner and Henry?  Would you pray that He would bring Peace to their hearts, to their minds and to their bodies? Pray that the Lord would give Mike and I wisdom as we parent these Warriors. Please pray that the Lord would move mightly on behalf of Conner Michael and Henry Isaiah!  I have said it so often, and I believe it to be true not just for me, or for Our Girls, but for Our Boys as well - God wants the very best for them!  He will work ALL things together for their good, no matter what it may look like to me as their momma.  God the Father has their best interest at heart, and I can rest in that!  Thank you, Jesus.





I'm so grateful for My Little Men.  I'm grateful for the tender-heart of Conner, who helps me with his Sister and kisses her and talks to her all the time.  I'm grateful for Henry, who pats Lucy's head and comforts her when she cries.  I'm thankful for the unique ways that they handle the loss of Ellie Kate . . . Conner so matter-of-factly reminds me that Ellie is SO much better-off and that we wouldn't want her back here where she would be sick!  He reminds me that she is complete, whole, healthy, and happy and that we will see her again soon!  I love the way Henry talks about Ellie Kate multiple times a day, even though he was only four when she passed.  He talks about how he misses her, how they used to wrestle, how he wishes he could see her in heaven, how he can't wait to get there so he can see her.  And I love the many pictures that Henry draws of EK almost everyday!






Oh, Father!  These things are so special to me!  May Ellie and Lucy always be so vivid and real to Conner and Henry.  May their legacies live on through Our Men!  May Conner and Henry be shaped and molded by the experiences you have brought them through, and may you use them for your glory!  Thank you for the amazing gift of raising these precious boys!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

50k Try