Wednesday, June 18, 2014

You Take the Good You Take the Bad

Do you ever feel as though you take one step forward and two steps back???  Yep, me too.  And that's where we are this morning . . .

Yesterday was "Bring Your Child to Work Day", so Conner shadowed Mike and had a ball.  They picked up dinner on their way to see me and Lucy at the hospital last night, and of course Conner's personal choice was an un-named Chicken joint (Mike and I dined on something totally different).  Conner gobbled up his chicken, which he is obsessed with, and life was good.  Until late last night . . .


Brother-Sister Time Before the Food Poisoning

We all came home to sleep and spend time as a family while my Sweet Daddy stayed with Lucy.  I mean, she was doing great, right?  And we were going to go to bed at 10pm and sleep and have a glorious time; that is until Conner came into our room letting us know that he had thrown up a "little bit".  Um, Okay . . . I let Mike take that one while I shoved Conner into the shower.  Yes, it was that bad.  Mike stepped in one more time, gloved up, gagging.  He asked where the Scentsy was, and I knew it was bad.  And then stuff started coming out of the other end.  Poor little Conner.

After A LOT of cleaning and disinfecting (God Bless My Husband!), and some extra loving on Our Boy, we all settled in - well after midnight.

Here's the GOOD NEWS:  We think Conner just had a food poisoning!!  I say "just" because that means that a yucky, icky, stinky bug won't be going around our house.  Yippee!!  He is feeling MUCH better this morning.  Poor Little Man.

WHEW.  Now on to Lucy . . .

Lucy had a really good day yesterday.  She slept a lot and tolerated small bolus feeds.  She only vomited once the night before, so we felt like we were on the right track, thus My Dad made plans to stay the night with our very stable and happy girl.

I Only Take "Selfies" With My Children


And then I got the call this morning.  Actually, it was a voicemail, and it's really hard not to giggle at it.  My poor Daddy calling, telling me that Lucy is vomiting and he can't stop it and she needs new clothes and she's really upset and crying and he can't text and all-the-while Lucy is screaming at the top of her lungs in the background.  And THAT is the BAD news.  Fun times, ya'll.

 I'm getting ready to leave home, drive the boys to my Parent's and head up to my sick little girl.  Not sure what the day will  hold.  I do know that they were able to get some good stool samples, so that may help in her diagnosis (I hope).  We are still praying that this is an explainable illness or problem, other than the mysterious GI/Motility issues we've all grown to hate.



We would love your prayers that we would ALL stay healthy and that Lucy's diagnosis would happen quickly so that treatment can begin quickly (we are treating symptoms, but having a dx would be great).  Thank you so much!

You Take the Good, You Take the Bad . . .
Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment

50k Try