Wednesday, October 2, 2013

The Crazy Day

What a day!  Last night was a bit scary.  Henry wasn't breathing well, despite his inhaler and the nebulizer.  It was so scary listening to him struggle to breathe.  It brought back too many memories, and I was on edge the entire night, watching his every breath.  By around 7am, we decided to take him to the ER.  His fever was so high and his breathing so rough.  They got us right in and got to work on Henry Mac.  

It looks like Henry just has bad allergy-induced asthma, as well as a virus and a bad case of the croup. He is such a trooper and took his steroid shot, his breathing treatments, etc.  We were so proud of Henry, so we let him choose one little gift in the hospital gift shop.  He was excited to get in and quickly started piling up girl toys and gifts.  He told me that he was picking out gifts for Ellie Kate.  I wasn't sure what to say or do, so I just watched silently as he carefully picked out special gifts.  Did he forget that Ellie was dead?  Was he confused because of his sickness?  But then he ran up to me and said, "well, these would be the perfect gifts for Ellie if she wasn't dead".  Oh, my heart!  Sweet boy LOVES his sister and I think being back at Children's made him think of her.  He's been drawing pictures of her all day.  

At the time that we were at the hospital with Henry, Stan was undergoing his heart surgery.  Thankfully, Stan's surgery went well too and he is actually at home tonight!  We are so grateful for your prayers for Henry and for Stan. I think Mike is completely worn out from being at two different hospitals and going to work today.  I'm still trying to lay low with the new blood pressure medicine and the virus it feels like I'm coming down with (I think I'm just coming down with Henry's sickness).  Fun times.  

It's always something, right?  I know it's like that for everyone.  Makes you long for Heaven doesn't it?!  Lord, let your return be soon!

Ryan 

No comments:

Post a Comment

50k Try