Thursday, February 12, 2015

Lucy, My Belle

Hi, All.  Many of you saw my Facebook post last night about Sweet Lucy.  She is pretty sick, although we are able to care for her at home at this time.

Last night was really rough.  Lucy had the most intense seizure activity that she's had since she was a few months old and inpatient.  It was scary for us, but her sats stayed high, which is a VERY good thing, so we stayed home and watched her all night (we didn't have a night nurse).  We had to give rescue meds for her seizure activity and she even had some after they were administered.

Right now I dread going to the hospital.  I absolutely dread a hospital stay.  We were in "go" and "crisis" mode for seven long years, and Ellie passed away, we've been out of that.  The longer we go without being admitted, the more I dread having to be there.  Does that makes sense?  Lucy is at the peak (or close to it) of her illness, so we are hoping to get through today and tomorrow without any major health declines.

As I mentioned yesterday, Henry is in a good place (minus his tics).  I'm afraid that if we are admitted, it will completely throw him off and we will have to start at the beginning.  I am fearful of that, Friends.  So worried.  

I'm trying to "cast all  my cares upon Him" right now.  Sometimes it's a choice and your feelings are even there, you know what I mean?  I'm choosing to cast and throw (hard).

We covet your prayers for our Little Lu Lu.

Lu Lu on Monday, enjoying the weather

Lu Lu today, so precious


1 comment:

50k Try