Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Joy

JOY - it's such a wonderful word, isn't it?  And I've been experiencing it, My Friends!  This is a BIG DEAL, ya'll.  There was a time where I didn't think I would feel joy again; where I wouldn't see true joy again in my life, in our lives as a family.  But, the Lord has recently given me great joy.  Oh, I am so indescribably grateful!

I've combined a few definitions of "joy" for you . . . 



 1. a :  the emotion evoked by well-being or by the prospect of possessing what one desires 
     b :  the expression or exhibition of such emotion 
      2
:  a state of happiness or felicity 
      3
:  a source or cause of delight

Last Friday I was able to speak at the OANAPT Conference at Mercy Hospital in OKC.  I love public speaking, even though I am a bit rusty, and I've been praying for more opportunities to do it. It's a part of my life that I really miss. Last week God gave me that opportunity and it gave me so much joy!  Not only that, but I was able to see many of our precious friends/therapist of whom we are bonded for life because of Ellie Kate.  Truly, the time was precious in every way and I am still so full of joy from the experience (if you need a speaker, I'm available . . . just sayin'!).
Yesterday, I was able to take Lucy to the mall in the handicap-accessible van.  This was HUGE to me as a momma.  The van was given to us by The Lord (through friends) for Ellie Kate, before Lucy was even born.  It had some major repairs that needed to be done and we just weren't able to get it fixed for a long, long time.  But, because of your gifts and the GoFundMe page, we were able to get it completely fixed, air-conditioning and all and Lucy is now able to ride in it!!  
Check out her PURE JOY . . . 









She couldn't get enough!

Going to the mall is a typical thing, yes?  And I was able to do it with MY DAUGHTER!  I felt good enough, she felt good enough, and we had the transportation to get there.  We met Mindy and her daughter Lexi, along with sweet Lyla, whom Lucy adores.  We shopped and I actually allowed Lucy to "play" on the playground!  She loved being around all of the kids, and most of the parents were so kind and gracious.  
Me, Lyla and Lucy

"Row, Row, Row Your Boat"

Lucy loved the candles at Bath and Body!  Two hands!

Last night, I let the boys watch Lucy while I took a shower and while Mike was in the kitchen.  Henry ran into me saying, "Mommy, Lucy has a seizure, Lucy has a seizure!".  I ran into to find my sweet boys in bed with their sister, holding her and stroking her head.  She was completely fine, and even though she had a few slight seizures and the boys know how to recognize them, etc - I was STILL overjoyed at the thought that they care for Lucy.  The boys LOVE their sister, even though she is sick and even though they know she will likely be in Heaven before they will be.  It was a normal moment to me, something typical - brothers in bed with their baby sister, playing and talking to her.  JOY to my heart!  

And as I think about the upcoming weeks, I am filled with joy as well.  Sure there is some anxiety, stress, etc, but God has given me joy for this time.  It is a gift I do not take for granted!  Lucy starts school in just two weeks.  Her third bday is just weeks away too!  And then we will be on our Make-a-Wish trip to Disney!  And before you know it, we will be celebrating Ellie Kate's birthday at OU Children's (more to come on that).  

I feel loved and cared for.  My heart is delighted, and I thank Jesus for this precious time in my life and in my heart.  I know I won't always feel this joy, but for now . . . I am relishing in it.

10"Hear, O LORD, and be gracious to me; O LORD, be my helper." 11You have turned for me my mourning into dancing; You have loosed my sackcloth and girded me with gladness, 12That my soul may sing praise to You and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give thanks to You forever. Psalm 30:11

For the Lord will deliver Jacob 
and redeem them from the hand of those stronger than they.
12They will come and shout for joy on the heights of Zion;
they will rejoice in the bounty of the Lord
the grain, the new wine and the olive oil,
the young of the flocks and herds.
They will be like a well-watered garden,
and they will sorrow no more.
13Then young women will dance and be glad,
young men and old as well.
I will turn their mourning into gladness;
I will give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow.
14I will satisfy the priests with abundance,
and my people will be filled with my bounty,”
Jeremiah 31:11-14

"Truly, truly, I say to you, that you will weep and lament, but the world will rejoice; you will grieve, but your grief will be turned into joy."
John 16:20


No comments:

Post a Comment

50k Try