Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Happy Updates!

I was hoping that this post would be from me on the beach somewhere, or maybe from my home AFTER I had been to the beach. I can get-away to any type of place and enjoy myself, but to me, BEACH=PEACE.  I am still hoping to get out of town for a couple of days to recharge.  I think it's super important for everyone to take time to recharge, although I know it can't always look like a physical get-away.  I've never done anything like this before, so I'm a littler nervous . . . but WAY excited.


Folks, I am happy to say that Henry has joyfully completed his testing at the school!!  Last weekend we were able to tweak some meds and since then, we've seen more and more of OUR Henry coming out.  It's beautiful to watch your child transform so quickly, right before your eyes, especially when they are changing in ways that you've been praying for!  Your prayers, texts and messages concerning Henry have encouraged us in ways that I cannot fully put into words.  Please, please pray that the Father would continue to allow the real Henry to be here with us, and not a Henry consumed with rage and violence.


Mike and I have been praying so intently concerning moving - especially moving before the next school year begins.  We can comfortably stay in our home right now, without a doubt, and we love our home.  But, we would also love for Henry to be at Wayland Bonds, where begs me to place him next year.  I do think that his equates it to stability because he attended there in pre-k.  Even today, Henry was talking so much about Ellie's death and how he really wants a fresh start with "new friends and new teachers and new schools".  I cannot promise this to Henry because I don't know what the Father has planned.  I do admit that the Dream House is still in the back of my mind (okay, it's actually in the front, or maybe the middle).  The back yard I've always dreamed of looks a lot like the back yard of the Dream House, and today we drove by a hammock and I immediately thought of how lovely that hammock would be out under the shade trees in that gorgeous backyard.

This is what I DO know and why I DO have peace:  God owns a cattle on a thousand hills and He is certainly able to work things to where we can afford that house, if He wants us to be in it!  He will move mountains, if that's His plan.  But if it's not, He still has amazing plan for us here in this house!  It will be beautiful to watch His plan unfold, whatever that might be.  In the meantime, we will start fixing things that need to be fixed in order for us to sell our house - whether it's for this school year or for next, we WOULD like to move over to the area I've mentioned (It just may not be to the Dream House).  SO much to do . . .

We've had several folks come in and help us with things in our home to make it more accessible for the Girls.  I have no problems in telling you that although it was donated, suggested and given to us without our initiative, our shower WAS NOT DONE CORRECTLY!!  It is an absolute mess, people.  We knew they left it unfinished, that much is quite obvious.  We called many, many times, but they never came back to do it, not even to clean it up.  NOW, we have a shower that is leaking into our closet.  EEK!!  And on the other side of the closet is Lucy's room, and she doesn't need to be exposed to mold - none of us do!  I guess I am saying that we need a contractor or builder to step in (I'm guessing NOT a plumber bc that's who came in to build the shower for us in the first place).  Mike plans on making a few calls in hopes of  hiring some very talented friends to do the work.

Whew!  I need a vacation from writing all of this tonight!  Be blessed tonight, Dear Ones.  You are so loved by the McLaughlins.  You are so appreciated and so needed.  We could not and CAN NOT get through this roller-coaster without your constant assistance and encouragement.  I mean that with all of my heart, so thank you for keeping us going.

Much Love,

Ryan


1 comment:

  1. I'm certain that you'll be able to get that dream home and move out of the house soon. Good thing that you are now thinking of getting contractors and plumbers, and being mindful of the problems in your house, such as that leaky shower. You will have to make your house attractive to the buyers, so you could get a good amount for it when the deal closes. Good day!

    Steve Beliveau @ First Class Inspections

    ReplyDelete

50k Try