Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Big Prayer Requests

We have a few big prayer requests, and we would greatly appreciate your prayers and petitions on our behalf.  Mike and I most firmly believe that we are called to bear one another's burdens.  As Believers, we are called to pray for one another - to speak to the Father on behalf of our fellow brothers and sisters in Christ.  It's important for us to pray for each other because we learn that we cannot live alone in this life - we are called to live together, in community.  It's important too because it keeps us humble before our community and before the Lord.  Prayer allows God to be glorified, and that is why we ask for it (and it's why you shouldn't be scared to ask for prayer either!).

First of all, I want to share a BIG PRAISE!  

Our Sweet Boy has been doing SO well!  We are incredibly grateful for everyone's support, encouragement and prayers where Henry is concerned.  The Lord has lifted Henry's burdens for the last few weeks, and we've seen him slowly unfold into full confidence and joy.  Even in the last few days, we have seen a new spark and happiness in Henry's eyes - I just cannot tell you what that means to me as his mommy!  Mike and I are praying that this peaceful time will continue in Henry's mind and body, and that Henry will excel in all areas - physical, emotional, and spiritual.  Thank you, Lord for lifting this off of Henry!  We ask for more, Father!  


Prayer Requests:

1.  TEFRA - You may remember me mentioning this in previous posts.  TEFRA is supplemental insurance through the state of Oklahoma, and we are finalizing Henry's application for this program at the end of this week.  It's a tough application with many details and components, and I'm so grateful to just be done with it! However, we are praying that Henry will actually be approved for TEFRA, which would act as a secondary insurance.  We are blessed to have this for Lucy Belle, although not all of her items are covered by insurance (many are not FDA approved and thus cannot be covered ).  Little Henry's medical bills have hit us hard, and we want to make sure we can keep up his care, and that he can receive all of the services that he needs.  We NEED TEFRA for Henry.  Please pray for favor, and that the Lord would work in the hearts of those deciding.  Pray for those looking at our application - that their hearts would be tender towards Henry and that they would understand the medical issues he has been facing, as some of them are rare (ex: PANDAS).  Having TEFRA would help us in SO many ways, I just can't even tell you!  And we turn it in on Friday - EEEKKK!!


2.  HANDICAP VAN - As we were driving home from Henry's counseling session today, it sounded like we hit something on the highway, except we didn't see anything.  We heard the sound a few more times, and I really was thinking it was just a bag or something caught up under the van.  Then we pulled into our driveway and heard a loud sound, along with a giant scrape - UGH.  I don't know what the piece is called exactly, but a big piece of metal came out from under our van.  It's about three feet long, so it really is a big thing.  I don't know what this means for the van or how we will be affected.  I just know this:  We NEED that van for Lucy Belle to get around in.  The Lord was SO gracious to give us the van when I was first pregnant with Lucy.  It was perfect for EK and now it is perfect for Lucy Belle.  The back lowers and we can wheel her in and drive, all while she stays in her wheelchair (fastened to the bottom of the van, of course).  It's incredibly safe and unbelievably convenient.  I'm nervous about it all, although I know the Lord is in control.  He gave us the van and He will fix it.  Would you pray that the van would be fixed quickly?  Pray too that the Lord would give us wisdom as we try to figure things out with this priceless item.


3.  SCHOOL - This week, we were able to start Henry's IEP (individualized educational program) for next school year.  We have been treated very well by our current school, and they have so kindly walked me through the wild maze of 504's and IEP's with an able-bodied child (it's SO much more difficult than planning for the girls).  However, Henry is still asking to go to his old school where he attended pre-k; the school where he attended with Ellie Kate.  This is also the school where Lucy now is (I know that's hard to follow, ya'll).  Would you pray for wisdom for Mike and I?  God has given us dreams but He hasn't opened doors.  In fact, we feel like He has closed a few, but we don't want to close them for Him.  We want to be open to what He can and could do!  As Henry's parents, we just want him to feel safe and happy.  I know he will learn better once he feels those things as well, no matter where he attends school.  Pray that the Father would cause everything to fall into place quickly so that we know what to do for this coming fall.


4.  ENCOURAGEMENT - It's so interesting . . .  after you feel God reveal Himself to you in intimate ways, you can, in the next breath, feel far from Him.  That's how I feel this evening (that's why we can't trust our feelings, am I right?).  God has RICHLY blessed Michael with a fantastic job, which he absolutely loves.  This is something we have prayed about for years!!  And Michael is an excellent provider, continuing to grow and excel in his industry.  However, when you have children with special needs, when you've buried a child without life insurance (Lucy and Ellie are ineligible because they were born with NKH), and your wife has an autoimmune disorder/health issues as
well . . . you don't always SEE the fruits of your labor.  I know Mike feels this way a lot, and I even feel this way, even though I'm not bringing in income!  It is terribly frustrating. I wish I could make it different.  I wish I could take that off of my husband so that he wouldn't have to carry it.  We are choosing to focus on the Lord and on the fact that He gives us ALL that we need.  He always has given us even above and beyond what we've needed as a family!  It's just that we long . . . I mean, really and truly LONG to be in a position where we no longer need so much. That's where our hearts are tonight.

Thank you for faithfully praying for us - for bringing us before the throne of God.  I don't know why so many of you have stuck with us for the almost ten years of this roller-coaster, but I sure am grateful that you have!  Not only do you stick with us, you encourage us and love us in tangible ways, over and over AND OVER again.  It is beautiful to me.  It is life-changing to my family.  Thinking about you and your love for us literally takes my breath away.

I can't wait to follow up and tell you how the Lord decided to answer these prayers!!  

Much Love,
Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment

50k Try