Thursday, May 7, 2015

Get Outta' Town!

My eyes burn as if I have been crying the day away.  But today, I haven't shed any outward tears; I've just had cries from my heart, and those emotions affect your body in strange ways.  I feel like I've been hit by a truck . . . again . . . as if I were hit by one yesterday and got up, back at it today and then . . . BAM.  Struck.  Knocked to my knees; knocked on my face, really.


Henry had an even harder time today than he did the past few days.  His testing and time at school  did not go well.  No amount of encouragement or bribery will help him settle down and focus on testing.  Taking things away and disciplining him doesn't cause him to focus either.  He says, "I just don't care", and really and truly, he does NOT care.  PANDAS, ODD, OCD, Tics . . . whatever Henry has; whatever is going on in his little brain, is preventing him from doing the right thing.  Worse than that, these things prevent Henry from enjoying life.  Mike and I are determined to make things better for our son, IMMEDIATELY.


Please pray for better communication with our new doctor, as I've been trying to get a hold of him since last Friday, when Henry's issues really dangerously escalated.   Mike and I have done everything we know to do and we still haven't spoken to a doctor.  We still don't have a plan.  We still don't know what to do to help Henry in the immediate and in the long-term.  It is infuriating.  On a side note, Henry busted my phone (for the sixth time, bless his heart), and it is still out of commission.  We hope to get it fixed tomorrow, but in the meantime, I am unable to answer calls or texts, and I'm not close to email or social media either.  


We are at a loss. As Henry's mother, I have a peace that God is taking care of him - that He knows what is going on in Henry's little mind and body.  However, I also hurt terribly for him because I want to see him happy instead of miserable.  The only thing I know to do is, #1 keep fighting and pressing for better treatment, and #2 get up again tomorrow and try again.  I can do that for Henry, even if I don't feel like it.  


I am incredibly grateful that my family has helped so much this week, as they have seen first-hand how badly Henry is suffering.  They've relieved me when they've been able to and have encouraged me throughout the day.  Tonight my parents, along with Mike, have decided that it's time for me to get away and have a break.  I'm not sure what that will look like, but it will happen soon.  I would love to possibly go with a girlfriend, but as for where to go . . . it's still a mystery.  Lord, will you make a way?  Will you show us what to do and when to go?   It is SO important for special-needs parents to be surrounded by people who are willing to step up and speak up, letting you know that you must take a break.  And gratefully, my "people" aren't just all talk - they will be helping to make this break happen for me.  Family at work.  The Body of Christ at work.

Is there someone in your life that needs a break?  How can you make that happen for them?  It doesn't have to be a get-away - it could be a night out, a day at the nail salon, a meal for their family, babysitting, etc.  

God's Living Word has been speaking to me and comforting me this evening.  Looking back on the promises of God - the promises He gave us as a family for a life of ministry (little did we know what He was calling us into!).  I'm reading the promises that He gave us for Henry, the healthy baby boy God told me that we would have.  

Isaiah 44:1-5

44 
“But now hear, O Jacob my servant,
    Israel whom I have chosen!
Thus says the Lord who made you,
    who formed you from the womb and will help you:
Fear not, O Jacob my servant,
    Jeshurun whom I have chosen.
For I will pour water on the thirsty land,
    and streams on the dry ground;
I will pour my Spirit upon your offspring,
    and my blessing on your descendants.
They shall spring up among the grass
    like willows by flowing streams.
This one will say, ‘I am the Lord's,’
    another will call on the name of Jacob,
and another will write on his hand, ‘The Lord's,’
    and name himself by the name of Israel.”


Isaiah 47:8-11
“Remember this and stand firm,
    recall it to mind, you transgressors,
    remember the former things of old;
for I am God, and there is no other;
    I am God, and there is none like me,
10 declaring the end from the beginning
    and from ancient times things not yet done,
saying, ‘My counsel shall stand,
    and I will accomplish all my purpose,’
11 calling a bird of prey from the east,
    the man of my counsel from a far country.
I have spoken, and I will bring it to pass;
    I have purposed, and I will do it.


Thank you, Father for comforting me with Your Word.  It is living and breathing and it comes to me at just the right time, Lord!  Thank you for the relief I've felt from even the idea of getting away.  Would you make that happen, God?  I want to be the best mommy, wife and advocate that I can be, and right now, I am unable to do just that.  Most importantly Lord, hear our cries for Henry!  Capture his heart even now, Lord!  Capture each thought of his and flood his heart and mind with things of you - things that are good and pure.  Give him supernatural peace and supernatural sense of security.  Heal our son, Father!  Please step in and save the day.  We need you, Lord! Protect Lucy and Conner as they too are so affected by what is going on right now.  Let them both feel that security and peace alongside of Henry.  Orchestrate the testing the way you want it to be done for Henry.  May he walk into school tomorrow feeling at peace, sensing your angels and may your presence be thick in those rooms.  I am CHOOSING once again to trust you with my child.  I give Henry to you because He is yours.  

--Ryan


No comments:

Post a Comment

50k Try