Saturday, November 15, 2014

Peace, Hope and Joy

The Christmas Season brings so many feelings and emotions to us all.  In a previous post, I mentioned the fact that I feel that this is a season of Peace for our family.  It's a word that God has given me for this time in our lives.  Everywhere I look though, I have a hard time finding "peace" decorations and ornaments!  Hope, joy and Santa are just about everywhere, but I've been looking for PEACE - figuratively and physically.

A sweet ornament I unrwrapped last night from my friend Amy!

An amazing thing has happened over the last two weeks and it truly is nothing short of a miracle, seeing how burdened my heart has been.  God, in His goodness, has not only given me a craving for peace - He has actually GIVEN me peace!  He has also placed JOY and HOPE in my heart, and those are things that I truly did not think would be in my heart, or in my mind, at this time of year.  I  wasn't sure if I truly would ever again feel those things during Christmas time . . . Ellie's Month, ever, ever again.  But Jesus has changed that for me, and even if it only lasts for a bit, I am relishing in it, basking in it, and dancing in it, as one would dance in the rain!

Romans 15:13 May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope. 

How beautifully He ties it all together!  

The joy and hope in my heart have made me excited to decorate for Christmas.  To us, this is now "Ellie's Month", so having the house decorated early for Christmas just means that we extend the time of celebrating Our Girl!  It's been so fun and freeing to get things ready around the house.  In a strange way, I feel as though I am still parenting Ellie Kate by decorating.  I hang her ornaments just as I hang those of the other children.  




This Month of Reckless Love truly does give me the opportunity to feel as though I am parenting and sharing My Daughter's life with others.  I know it sounds strange and I wish I could explain it better, but it's just so hard to put into words.  That is one of the many reasons that it means SO much to have you participate in the Month of Reckless Love!  And, there is now a special way for you to support OKC Hope Link when you make your purchases on Amazon.com. You can go to Amazon Smiles and choose "Hope Link" and a portion of your purchase will be donated to OKC Hope Link, the non-profit that is so dear to our hearts.  Also, be sure to "like" our official Facebook page under "In Honor of Ellie Kate McLaughlin - Living a Life of Reckless Love".

Ellie Kate's Month of Reckless Love Wish List  - REMINDER - all gifts will be donated to OU Children's Hospital and will be delivered on December 4th (Ellie Kate's 9th Birthday)

It is truly a rich relief, distraction and solace to have these feelings flooding our hearts and home at this time.  Mike and I are even looking into getting a new puppy for the boys this Christmas!  New, hopeful, joyful, full of peace . . . He is SO faithful.


With Peace, Hope and Joy,
Ryan


  




1 comment:

  1. So good to hear how He is working in your lives! It never fails to amaze me how He is always making things better! Love you so!

    ReplyDelete

50k Try