Friday, November 7, 2014

Lifted and Loved

With the kick off of Ellie's Month of Reckless Love, my longings for Ellie Kate were getting pretty intense. One evening we had my parents over for dinner and I just broke down.  All of these hard days are coming up so quickly - faster than I want them to; faster than I'm prepared for them to come. 

I sobbed as my parents both held me.  It was really a special time.  Mike had the boys in the other room happily watching a cartoon, so for once in a long time, I was able to let the tears flow and I was able to share my feelings of loss with someone other than Mike.  Those feelings run deep, not just for EK, although that obviously is where my heart has been struck the most.  Over the past several months, baby Kylee, Ellie Kate's friends Makenna and Alyssa, and my friend Jenni all went to Heaven within days/weeks of each other.  My heart has been full with questions as to why God does what He does and why He does it when he does.  I know He is Sovereign, but when you are mourning, the Truth sometimes flies out the window.  That's why you have to grab it when you see it, and hold on to it with all that you haveOur feelings change but Truth does not.  Jesus is Truth.

This same week I was contacted by an old and dear friend who, along with another friend, wanted to help our family in specific ways.  I was overjoyed at a renewed friendship more than anything, and I was truly encouraged in realizing that God had forgotten about us.  I mean, I know He hasn't forgotten about us, but sometimes it feels that way, and sometimes it feels like He forgets the little things we need or desire.
 
Within a matter of days we were blessed with Henry's first ever REAL bedroom furniture (and it is gorgeous, family heirloom pieces)!  The boys BOTH have their first REAL mattresses! Not only that, but the boys were able to order their very own bedding sets, which is a first for them.  You should have seen their faces as they scrolled through the choices online.  The medium Tumbleform feeding chair, which we needed for Lucy to safely sleep in at night while on continuous feeds, was mailed straight to our door; an extravagant gift that the Lord used His people to lavish upon us. 

My spirits and my heart have been lifted in knowing that I am NOT forgotten by my God.  He sees our needs and those special wants we have in our hearts.  He bestows them upon us just when we need them - physically, spiritually and emotionally.  Yes, My God is concerned with my emotional and spiritual well-being too! I'm so incredibly grateful that God used these two families to love on us this way. I mean, who gives family heirlooms and furniture sets??  Who orders special-needs equipment for another family (it's costly, ya'll!)?!!  THAT is some "Reckless Love". 

Speaking of reckless love - the first gifts from our "Ellie Kate Wish List" came in this week!!!  In the last two days, we've received seven packages full of wonderful things for http://www.ocfoundation.org/uploadedFiles/MainContent/Find_Help/PANDAS%20Fact%20Sheet.pdfthe patience at OU Children's.  It feels my heart with joy to think of handing out these gifts on Ellie Kate's birthday, December 4th.  Here's the list in case you want to check it out:
 In Honor of Ellie Kate McLaughlin - Amazon.com Wish List

Our Very First Packages for the Month of Reckless Love!!

I'm happy to say that my joy inspired me to put Ellie Kate's Christmas tree up this week too.  I was so excited about not being forgotten about by friends and by the Lord, and I was so excited to have a tangible reminder of My Girl up in our home, that I just couldn't wait any longer to get it up!  I unwrapped each packed ornament with care and I was struck with the sweet memories that flooded my heart with each and every one.  The tree is so special as it holds ornaments that Ellie made at school, a few she's made at her birthday parties (she IS a December baby, after-all), along with things that remind us of her - Tinker Bell, Hello Kitty, ballet dancers . . . there are even a few ornaments from special friends that were sent to us last year that now have important places on the tree.



 I hope these pictures bring you joy, Friends.  I hope you remember that the LORD remembers you and your needs, your wants, your desires, down to the very detail.  He gives us above and beyond and does so when we least expect it, always where He alone can get the glory.  And remember - our feelings will fail us but the Truth of God never will.  Go out and love recklessly today! 












No comments:

Post a Comment

50k Try