Saturday, November 1, 2014

Hope Link Halloween 2014

Last night was our annual Hope Link Halloween Party! As usual, it was a blast and we had friends in and out of the house all night long. We wouldn't have it any other way!





The girls far outweighed the boys this year, and as you can imagine, we saw man Elsa and Ahna's. I still sit in bed this morning dreaming of how darling Ellie Kate and Lucy would have been dressed as Elsa and Ahna - they are perfect for the parts! And I just know that Ellie would adore "Frozen", just as Lucy does, just like every other little girl in America. I wonder if The Father will allow Our Girls to dress up like this in Heaven - just once, even if if its just for their Momma. I know, I know - many of you are saying, "we won't even worry or think about those things in Heaven!" But you know what? God does place desires in our hearts and Heaven will be the fulfillment of all things good and perfect here on earth. To me, it isn't out of the question that My Girls may run around Heaven a bit in those
costumes (Please no theological debates)!







We had several Transformers, a Kevin Durant, a cheerleader, a princess, and of course our own Lucy Belle as Cinderella! I think the costume winners were the Haas Children who dressed as Elsa, Ahna, Olaf, and Svelt! They were all just too cute. And my favorite part? That EASILY was watching
Lucy's eyes and face light up with joy the entire night! She adored having her friends there in her home, in her space. One of her favorite friends, Emory was there and she was dressed as Elsa - Lucy's favorite. I'm telling you, these little girls have a very special bond!'






From hot dogs and chili to gourmet pumpkin pie and salmon - everything was yummy and a good time was had by all. I'm so grateful that we have a home that we are able to open up to others. I'm grateful that my parents taught me hospitality. I'm grateful too that Hope Link families have the chance to visit and enjoy the community bond that we share. It's all just so priceless.







IMPORTANT: we are very quickly approaching the month of December, Ellie's month. We will once again be doing Ellie Kate's Month of Reckless Love, so be sure to watch for updates in the coming days. This is truly one of THE most important things to us as a family. I promise to update more as soon as my computer gets back from bring fixed (hopefully).

With Hope,
Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment

50k Try