Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Queen with Class



You may recall my post from back in January - Fired Up and Acting On It, where I called out the Lifetime Network and more specifically, Miss Kim from the pageant show  "Kim of Queens".  Miss Kim had used the words "special needs" in a mocking and inappropriate manner on the first episode of her show.  She even mocked with fake sign language, and it hurt my heart to watch.

I posted, asking you all to stand up for those with special needs, many whom do not have a voice.  I asked you to contact Lifetime and Miss Kim online and on Twitter, and you delivered!  You posted and stood up for this sometimes forgotten group of people (which includes my beautiful girls). I was blown away by your response and support!  And guess what?  Miss Kim paid attention.  She listened and she gracefully responded.  


Below are two of her responses to my blog:
please accept my heartfelt apology! So grateful you are holding me accountable!
beautifully written & please accept my heartfelt apology. I love ALL people & believe God made us all special.

Since I personally called Miss Kim out, I wanted to be sure and share with you her kind messages. In a world of so much negativity, I was truly blown away by her heartfelt and sincere responses. She didn't have to take the time to do that, but she did. And because of that, I enjoyed watching "Kim of Queens" last night, as she works to develop young women into strong, confident individuals who are able to face the world in any situation. Say what you want about pageants and all that goes with them, but this woman's focus truly is to better young women and prepare them to be future leaders. I'm impressed.

So thank you, Friends for standing up with me on behalf of all of those with special needs. And thank you, Miss Kim for having the character to gracefully respond to my blog post. And, I hope you all enjoy some photos of MY very own Pageant Princesses, Miss Ellie Kate and Miss Lucy Belle!









Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment

50k Try