Tuesday, January 6, 2015

The Flu

Lucy Belle has the flu.  I'm sure you all know that it is rampant right now, pretty much everywhere in the country.  It's especially dangerous for the old, the very young and for those with compromised immune systems.  The flu can be very dangerous for Lucy and we've really tried our best to keep her safe from it this fall without keeping her in a bubble. We were all vaccinated and in fact, Lucy's doctor is kind enough to have her vaccinated very early each year in hopes of preventing illness.  This time, it just didn't work, which I've heard is the case for many this year.

I had the flu last week, after all of the family get-togethers over Christmas.  I've had the flu before, but this flu was the absolute worst I have ever experienced.  I ran fever for ten days and didn't even know what day it was for most of the time I was sick.  I HATE that Lucy has this flu because I know how terrible I felt with it!  It breaks my heart to know that her little body must ache, her head hurt and of course all of the other symptoms that come along with this flu.

Lu Lu resting in the ER

Check out Lucy's new kick's thanks to Brandy White, Lucy's "I Run For" Runner 
(her shoes were the talk of the ER)



We spent the majority of the day yesterday in the ER receiving fluids and running tests.  We had to find out what was causing her high fever, and really I was surprised that it was the flu.  Once we had been exposed over Christmas, we put Lucy on tamiflu, just in case.  Apparently though, Lucy is what they have called a "tamiflu fail".  So, there's that (sarcasm).

Lucy slept well all night and is still sleeping now.  She's on continuous feeds of pedialyte to keep her hydrated and we are doing our best to keep her fever down.  Mike and I really don't want to be admitted (who does, really?).  Please pray for Lucy's symptoms to subside immediately.  Pray for comfort for her little body and ease of pain and fever.  Please pray too that we would avoid the hospital.  It's not that I'm afraid of going there, it's just that I know all too well how it will affect Henry especially, since changes are so hard for him.  I don't want to cause any other changes if at all possible.

Thank you for your love, prayers and support!

Ryan


1 comment:

  1. Praying for GOD'S quick and complete healing for Lucy and for His peace and assurance for each of you!
    Love you!
    Trey and Liz

    ReplyDelete

50k Try