Sunday, February 23, 2014

Broken-Down

The time has come - the time I dreaded and hoped would never appear. I'm afraid I'm a bit broken-down. My mind, my body, my spirit are bruised, and that has me in a lowly place. I know that may not make sense to you, and for that I apologize. 

I've tried so hard for so long to keep going and keep my spirits high.  I think I've done a good job at it, at least for a good stretch of time. Lord knows that I've tried my best.  But now, it's caught up with me.  I think eight years of constant going, constant fighting, constant struggle, constant hardship, constant mourning; it's all gotten to me, and I need a break. 

I'm not sure what this looks like exactly, but I do know that I need a rest.  I'm surrounded by wonderful support and love, of which I am so grateful.  For now, I will be less visible on Facebook, Twitter and all of the other various outlets, including the blog. I will also be taking a break from messages of all kinds and from other busy things, as my mind needs a rest. I'm not sure how long it will take for me to rest and get back to a healthy place.  I just ask for patience. 

And really, you all have been so incredibly wonderful for the past years and for the ups and downs of our roller-coaster.  You've stepped up and stepped in, loving us recklessly and selflessly.  It's been amazing, and I thank you with all that I am.  I also thank you for giving me grace in this season.  Don't be afraid to reach out to me, to us; just know that we may not get back to you as soon as normal. 

Truly, I do not want any extra or any special treatment.  This is just life, and we are in the midst of a season of heartache. The sun will surely shine again, and I am eagerly awaiting that day. Thank you for understanding and for loving us along the way. 

Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment

50k Try