Monday, September 23, 2013

Birthday Blessings

Ohmygoodness, you know how to make a girl feel loved!  Lucy had a BALL at her second birthday party this last Saturday!  I can't thank you all enough for the sweet birthday wishes, prayers and messages of love.  Thank you too for all who were able to come and celebrate with us!

The look on Lucy's face when we sang HBD to her was PRICELESS.  She KNEW it was about her, and she was just thrilled.  She loved her tutu as well, and didn't even try to take her hair bow out!  Ellie Kate would be so proud:).


Our cake was done by a new friend, Cheryl.  Cheryl is a cake decorator and baker here in OKC.  She is a Believer, and we were connected to Cheryl through the non-profit Icing Smiles.  Icing Smiles provides cakes to terminally ill children and their siblings - how cool is that?!  And we had delicious cupcakes done by my friend Alecia Hoerner, who also is a baker and is preparing to move to Haiti with her family in just a few months.  We were SO BLESSED by the gifts of these cakes!!  They made the party:)!




Saturday was pretty much perfect, all the way around.  When I had prepared for the party earlier in the week, my heart felt sad.  I was sad that Ellie Kate wasn't there to celebrate with us.  I was sad that I didn't spend more time with Ellie at Lucy's last birthday party (which seems just like last week).  All sorts of thoughts ran through my mind.  But, once I saw how happy Lu Lu was that day, and how much fun she had, even when we got her dressed that day, all of my sorrow melted away.  I did of course miss Ellie Kate, but our hearts were light and we were all able to celebrate, laugh and love.

You loved us so well too - the gifts, cards and notes were just precious, and are things that we will treasure always.  I already have the cards in Lucy's "Precious Box".  And WOW - I have just been blown-away, I have been touched, I have been humbled by the SEVERAL DONATIONS TO KNH RESEARCH that have been made in Lucy and Ellie Kate's name!  I don't think I could hope for any better gift in my life!




Now, you may remember that my blog will launch on Lucy's birthday, which is still true!  Lucy's actual birthday is Thursday, September 26th, and the blog will launch sometime that day.  Be sure to watch for it!  As a reminder, we will stop posting on Carepages, and use the blog instead.  It's easier to use, easier to navigate and easier to share.  Don't worry though - we will never close our our Carepage, and you will actually be able to read each entry straight from the blog!  I can't wait for you to see it.

Thank you for loving us, Friends.  Thank you for celebrating Lucy in a big and special way!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

50k Try