Thursday, April 5, 2018

Not a Glamorous Season

The McLaughlin's are Here, we haven't dissapeared, although it's true - I don't share as often on the Blog anymore, or on any form of social media, really.  There's a lot of reason behind that choice but mostly, I have four precious kiddos who need a full-time mommy.   Also, it's just a slow, sweet, NON-GLAMOROUS Season.

In the past, I've thrown myself into ministry, into "doing" rather than focusing on my family like I should.  Now I know how precious life is, how fleeting and bittersweet it is, even for the Believer; I want be there completely for my marriage and for my children.  That means doing and even BEING, a whole lot "less" of what I had grown so used to.  It also means focusing intentionally on My Marriage, which has been so wonderful and only from The Lord.  Pouring into My People - that's where He's placed me in this Season.

Henry has been in a flare, sleeping 
and having silent seizures on Easter, 
thus he isn't pictured with us:(.  

Last week, I found out I have the severe form of Interstitial Cystitis and another small surgery is soon to come.  This is an anutoimmune disease and I flare and when I do, it's awful.  Sometimes I can barely get out of bed.  The pain can be immeasureable, lingering like a bad sunburn, but rather inside of your bladder.  

I HATE that I have this disease, which I've likely had all of my life, but really flared since Ellie's death.  I HATE how it limits me and when I'm used to being active and physical, IC takes that away from me. I beleive it's severely flaring now as Lucy's future is still  unsure and since she will turn seven this September.  Ellie Kate had just turned seven when she passed away in 2012, and there's a weight as Lucys 7th Birthday approaches. 

I'm forever thankful for my Parents and for my Husband, who support me and do their best to understand all that is in my life right now.  I thank all of YOU who continue to reach out, help with meals or laundry, send a note or text, and more!  It lifts me up in this time when the pain drains my energy, when it feels like I'm failing bc of slowing down, when I can't always "do", even what I want to. Focusing on healing body, soul and mind - that's where He's placed me in this Season.  

Days are long but precious with a wide variety of ages in the home.  The Girls and Henry need me all the time, while Conner is more independant. Yes, it seems the diapers never end, the feedings never stop, and the comforting and teaching never truly stop. However, I can say, it is a very precious time in our home, a time of much joy and laughter, even though it means we aren't as busy or out and about (but ya'll, I do miss that).  Continuing to be available to my family and marriage - that's where He's placed me in this Season. 

Bowie and I had "extra time" together during the service 
because of her runny nose, but we got this pic out of it:)! 

).
  • Bowen is a JOY, full of laughter and words.  She seriously is so smart and I am in awe I have the gift of being her Mama.  She is THE Sweetest Gift I've ever recieved!
  • Conner is learning what all junior high boys must learn - responsibility.  Sometimes it's difficult to learn in real life, but we couldn't be more proud of this tender-hearted boy.  Conner loves carrying Bowen around and sincerely has fun playing with Bowen and Lucy.
  • Henry's had a more difficult time, although things continue to be infinitely better since we had the IVIG treatment done last summer.  It's evident Henry needs another treatment, but we are STILL fighting insurance to get the first treatment covered.  It's a heavy burden in several ways, and we long to be FREE of it, for our Dear Ones to be freed of it too! Henry is playing soccer and has grown LEAPS and BOUNDS socially!  We are so proud of him and can truly see him stop himself and do the right thing.  He has State testing next week and we'd love prayer for him - it's a HUGE deal for him to even go.  
  • Lucy has shown us more signs of life and light and we take that with joy!  Although she still sleeps most of the day, she has new energy and moves around more and even plays!  We hope to have her back in school very soon, with hopes of lifting her spirits - she loves friends, school, teachers, etc just like her Big Sister.  

          Right now, Lucy has a staph infection, but we caught it early and are administering                  antibiotics at home. LuLu had many full-body seizures on Easter, which wasn't fun at              all.  It still breaks our hearts, all these years later.  She also now has a UTI, but the                    antibiotics should cover that too.  

Thank you for lifting us up in so many ways - laying us before The Throne.  Thank you for interceding for us, encouraging us, serving us, and loving us.  
To God ALONE be the GLORY, Honor and Power, Forever! 

Ryan

Other Specific Ways to Pray:
  • Pray intently for each of our children, as the Holy Spirit would lead you. 
  • Pray for our Marriage and our Family as a whole - knit us together even more, Lord!
  • Pray for provision for a new, more comfortable chair Lucy can use at home (she's outgrown the one shes had for several years and insurance does not pay).  
  • Lucy also is in need of a new wheelchair as her's is literally falling apart.  We pray someway, we can get the ball rolling so insurance can cover the wheelchair.
  • Pray for provision of the IVIG treatment for Henry, that insurance would re-imburse and we can be FREE; also pray it becomes readily available for him to recieve in the near future.
  • Pray for Mike's Dad (Stan) who will soon undergo surgery in hopes of removing some of the cancer.
  • If you feel so led, please pray for ease of pain for my IC.

2 comments:

  1. Praying always for each of you and thankful that our loving Father has you in His tender care during these days of loving and serving your sweet family. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pray for all of you regularly. I love you guys!

    ReplyDelete

50k Try