Sunday, February 14, 2016

Surgeries, Infections and More

What a week!  From surgeries, to hospital stays, infections, sickness and more - we've covered a lot of it in just a few days. I've found myself recitiing Psalm 27:1 over and over again.  In fact, I've been singing it!  My Mom taught it to us in song when we were children, and I've enjoyed singing it to her melody throughout this week of busyness.


Momma came home this week, and although she is weak and tired, she is doing incredibly well, and her personality is shining through.  She still has some physical issues going - outward and inward.  She is so strong and is fighting through very hard.  We are so proud of her and so thankful for all of your prayers!


Mike was out of town this week for work.  He's in the oil and gas industry which, as everyone knows, isn't doing so well right now.  Amazingly, the Lord alone is responsible for keeping Mike's job safe and sound, and for helping Mike continue to work hard.  Unfortunately, Mike's ankle is STILL causing him a ton of pain and seems to still be infected.  This is from the same injury in December, when he fell out of the attic and hurt his ankle.  He tore several ligaments and sprained it really badly.  Doctors believe he needs surgery to repair it, but first, they need to rule out osteomyelitis.  This is the same exact thing Mike dealt with in high school, which almost took his life. It's super scary to even think about this infection being a possibility.  But, right now, we are choosing to trust the Lord.  As Psalm 27:1 says, The Lord is our Stronghold!  Whom shall I fear?!  This Thursday, Mike will undergo a bone scan that will reveal whether or not the osteomyelitis is back.  We covet your prayers.

Lucy had her third ear tube procedure on Friday, which went incredibly well.  Mom came with me, and although I could tell she was so tired mentally and physically, she pushed through to help me since Mike wasn't able to be there.  Henry was having a hard day, so my Dad needed to care of him and the PANDAS flare that came up this week.  I am FOREVER grateful for parents who are willing to drop everything, even to the detriment of their OWN health and happiness, to make sure we are well taken care of.  THAT is true love, you guys.

Nunnie and Lucy Belle pre-surgery


Valentine Princess in the OR Waiting Room


We've had to stay home from Church again this Sunday due to Mike's ankle, which is hurting even MORE after his week away on work (he was standing all day, every day).  I'm recovering from a sinus infection which hasn't responded well to antibiotics, and has kicked me off my feet worse than ANY stupid sinus infection I've ever had in my life; and Henry is recovering from med increases due to the recent flare.  Most importantly and worrisome to this Mommy right now, is that Lucy is running fever.  It isn't super high, but we know that, when Lucy runs any type of temp, she is sick.  Her trembling and chills remind us so much of those of Sweet Ellie during her last days of hospice.  Lucy is NO WHERE NEAR that sick, but the behaviors at this time so resemble each other, and that can be hard.  The boys have noticed it too, how much Lucy resembles Ellie Kate when she is now so sick and as she is now getting bigger, closer to the size Ellie was as they last remember her here on earth.


Ellie Kate's "Spot" ready for Valentine's Day





Yes - we DO crave your prayers, your words of encouragement, your revelations from the Lord on our behalf.  Truly, God has given us a peace, and I can say that with FULL confidence.  But that doesn't take away the memories, the sad feelings and thoughts that come along with watching another NKH Princess suffer.


The World around us is suffering.  It is OUR job, as Believers, to offer hope, hands and feet.  And God will work it and use it and play it out for His Glory and for the Good of ALL involved - the sick, the servants, the obedient, and their families.  He is SO good.  


Psalm 27:1, "The Lord is My Light and My Salvation, whom shall I fear?  The Lord is the stronghold of My Life, of whom then shall I be afraid?" - ESV

Lamentations 3:22-24, "God's loyal love couldn't have run out, his merciful love couldn't have dried up, They're created new every morning.  How great your faithfulness!  I'm sticking with God (I say it over and over).  He's all I've got left." - The MSG

No comments:

Post a Comment

50k Try