Sunday, January 24, 2016

VENTILATOR

This post was supposed to be full of updates of Lucy's hospital stay and Henry's PANDAS treatment.  There were supposed to be pictures of Mike and his surprise 40th birthday party, which we had last Friday night.  All of that isn't as important right now . . . it's not as important as My Momma.


Late yesterday morning, my Dad came home from running errands and realized that my Mom wasn't yet awake, which was strange.  He went in to wake her up and she seemed in a really deep sleep.  After a little while, when he realized she wasn't responding to him calling her name, Dad went over and started shaking her and trying to wake her.  She was limp, although she did mutter a few words.  Dad got her to the car and took her to the ER.  They couldn't quite get her stable so they transferred her to St. Anthony's in Oklahoma City.  Her numbers there weren't staying stable either, so they had to intubate, which means they had to put Mom on the ventilator.


My Mom started going to a new doctor last week, and was really unsure about him and about some of the treatment he prescribed.  It looks like she is having a severe allergic reaction to the medication she was prescribed.  The doctor's at the hospital have been horrified at the medications this doctor had my Mother on and legal action is being taken.


I think I am in shock, really.  It's very hard to see my Momma on the vent.  I've seen my Baby Girl on the vent too, so I'm not a stranger to it.  The pumps, the monitors, the fluids - we are all used to those things, which I guess is good in situations like this.  I think it makes things easier, at least.  I was able to sit with her for several hours today, which was comforting.  She woke up for a while and could answer "yes" and "no" questions.  She wondered why she was there and why she couldn't breath on her own.  I'm so thankful I was able to see her awake for a little bit.


The plan is to take Momma off the ventilator tomorrow.  As many of you know, the longer one is on the vent, the harder it is to come off.  For that reason, we would like to see her come off.  We also want to see her body working correctly though and we don't want her to be in pain or agitated in any way.

Ways to Pray:
1.  Healing - pray that Mom is completely healed and that there is no damage
2.  Rest - pray for rest for Mom and Dad
3.  Wisdom - pray for wisdom for the doctors, nurses and for my Dad as he contacts lawyers about the situation.

Also, the Boys know Nunnie is sick and in the hospital, but they don't know any details nor that she isn't breathing on her own.  We would like to keep it that way.  Thank you for helping us protect their little hearts.

We covet your prayers, love and support.

2 Cor. 12:9,  “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

8 comments:

  1. Wow, definitely praying with and for your family for healing for your mom!! I'm sorry you're facing this. Praying for peace all around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're praying for Debi for a quick healing and complete recovery. Praying for Stu and your whole family a comfortable and peaceful moment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ryan, there are just no words to describe the trials your family has endured, and your faith and hope and grace through them all. Precious friend...our prayers are with you and yours always.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ryan, there are just no words to describe the trials your family has endured, and your faith and hope and grace through them all. Precious friend...our prayers are with you and yours always.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ryan your momma is a great lady that loves the Lord! My prayers will be for quick recovery, complete healing, peace and comfort for you all! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is in my prayers as well as your family. Sending love and prayers and sending this on to have our Sunday school keep your sweet mom and family in their prayers.

    ReplyDelete

50k Try