Sunday, November 22, 2015

With Hope and Reckless Love


This past week has been heavy.  Actually, I've felt like the last two weeks have been from a chapter straight out of, "Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day".  Grief sickness overtook me Thursday night and once again, I couldn't sleep and felt ill from deep within my soul.  Grief hits you in waves and sometimes its extremely overwhelming.


Ellie's birthday is almost here - December 4th.  It's as if, all of a sudden, my Spirit realized all of the tough losses that have recently happened in our family.  I literally looked at the calendar and was shocked - it's almost Ellie's birthday, and then her Heaven Day on December 23rd (my Sister's birthday), and after that, of course, is Christmas.   I scrolled through Facebook while tossing and turning Thursday night (or Friday morning?) and found this gem from November 20, 2009.  Oh, My Heart!

Ellie Kate and Conner


Good things that happened this week - my Sister's missing dog came home, my Dad arrived safely from his last mission trip and I had my Rodan and Fields launch party! And now we prepare for Thanksgiving with an entire week off of school.


Another great thing - Lucy had a party at school and I was able to attend! The special-education teachers at Lucy's school brought in a Music Therapist today for the kids to enjoy in lieu of a Thanksgiving Feast!  It was absolutely precious and Lucy just loved every moment.  It's safe to say, a pink tambourine is now on Lucy's Christmas list!

Lovin' the music and rockin' the bow!


Henry's been having more and more "manic" episodes, where he stays up all night long (literally).  He's happy during these times - playful, energetic, intelligent.  His brain just can't stop, even with medication.  It's so strange, so bizzare to observe this little boy running and playing, all through the night without missing a beat.  His anger episodes have slowed down greatly and he is doing amazingly well in school.  You should see the systems his sweet teacher has set into place - letting Henry tangibly see his schedule every day.  He LOVES her so much, as well as the Teacher's Assistant, who gratefully pals around with Henry and keeps him extra safe.  I just can't say enough good things about how Our School has rallied around us and have helped Henry this year.


I often feel guilty in not posting much about Conner-Mac.  Oh, how I love this eldest boy of mine!  Conner is so easy-going and is truly such a joy.  He had a blast this last week as he and his fellow sixth-graders wrote scripts about a fundraiser the school is doing.  Their job was to convince the other kids to get involved and give.  Conner went to school dressed like an Christmas elf and gleefully delivered the fundraising message.  He didn't want to take extra clothes to school.  He wanted to wear that costume the entire day, regardless of what people thought (which is a big thing I love about him).  I must say, it was pretty hilarious seeing that little Elf ride off to school on his bike!


We have some very tough days ahead - coming up quickly. I won't lie - I'm NOT looking forward to the upcoming holidays this year, as my heart feels so raw, as if it's open flesh. Your gifts in honor of Ellie Kate have been coming in every day now, and with each package, our hearts are lifted more and more.  It's hard to believe that we will soon be there at OU Children's Hospital, delivering the gifts you have given, passing them out in Ellie Kate's honor.  I just don't have the right words, Friends.  I'm so grateful and I pray that the Father will allow you to somehow feel and know how special your remembering, your efforts, your giftings have meant to us and to so many others.  Reckless Love has no boundaries! 

Gifts YOU have purchased from the Amazon Wish List!  


To show your love and support during December, we ask that you use this as your profile picture, in honor of Ellie Kate and A Month of Reckless Love (you are welcome to use this image and the one at the top of this blog post).  

There's STILL time to get your gift here before December 4th!  As a reminder, Mike and I will be delivering gifts from this Amazon Wish List in Honor of Ellie Kate as we celebrate December - The Month of Reckless Love. 
Click HERE to see the wish list on Amazon 

With Hope and Reckless Love, 
Ryan




No comments:

Post a Comment

50k Try