Sunday, November 29, 2015

HOPE


Today marks the beginning of Advent, with the focus on HOPE.  Hope is a curious thing to me. Obviously it is something dear to our family, seeing that we started "Hope Link".  In society, we use it so often, sometimes using it more like "wish".  But you see, Hope isn't "wishing" - it is BELIEVING in something that is True.  Hope is believing, based on the faithful promises of God.  

Before Christ's birth, Israel longed for their Promised King.  They HOPED in the Kingdom of God on Earth, because it was something that was promised.  During current Advent, Believers HOPE in what they know God has promised will come.  We HOPE in the second-coming of Christ, because we know it WILL happen - God has promised His return.  

As we sang my favorite Christmas Hymn this morning at church, I realized that I have HOPE that God will get me through this season, through Ellie Kate's Month of Reckless Love.  I'm counting on Him and believing that He will come in, this week, and "disperse the gloomy clouds of night" - the gloomy clouds of heartache that cover my Spirit.  I'm asking Him to bring Hope to my heart by reminding me how, because of Christ,  "death's dark shadows (are) put to flight", like they were for MY Daughter, three years ago on December 23rd.  I'm hoping in Him to "cheer us by Thy drawing nigh".  HOPE.  It's an absolute for me, for our family, this coming month and always.

O come, O come, Emmanuel,
And ransom captive Israel,
That mourns in lonely exile here,
Until the Son of God appear.
Rejoice ! Rejoice ! Emmanuel
Shall come to thee, O Israel.

O come, Thou Rod of Jesse, free
Thine own from Satan's tyranny ;
From depths of hell Thy people save,
And give them victory o'er the grave.
Rejoice ! Rejoice ! Emmanuel
Shall come to thee, O Israel.

O come, Thou Dayspring, from on high,
And cheer us by Thy drawing nigh;
Disperse the gloomy clouds of night,
And death's dark shadows put to flight.
Rejoice ! Rejoice ! Emmanuel
Shall come to thee, O Israel.

O come, Thou Key of David, come
And open wide our heav'nly home ;
Make safe the way that leads on high,
And close the path to misery.
Rejoice ! Rejoice ! Emmanuel
Shall come to thee, O Israel.


While yesterday was full of heavy, hot tears of grief - with today, came HOPE . . . Christ's Hope . . . and there are so many layers to that beautiful Hope He gives - for the future, from our past, for our hurts, for our sins, for our earthly losses, for our heavenly home.  HIS hope covers it ALL, and I am eternally grateful.  

With Hope in My Emmanuel,
Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment

50k Try