Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Happily Ever After . . .

Fourteen years ago tonightwe never dreamed of being where we are today❤️.

Our Wedding Day - 8/2/2002

On this day, I've literally driven all around town from appointment to appointment, visited pharmacies and several grocery stores. I've been on the phone with doctors and nurses and purchased diapers and pj's for our almost 5yo little angel. Instead of a big celebration or romantic getaway, we are saving to hopefully make an NKH conference and PANDAS conference this fall. We're spending the evening as a little family, eating take-out, and it's wonderful❤️Our anniversary has been a typical day in the life of a special-needs family and one I will treasure in my heart.

A Few Months Before Our Wedding

Fourteen years ago, we never thought we'd have an 8yo who feels his job is "seizure watch" for his sister, while his 12yo older brother takes pride in pushing his sister around everywhere we godespite the stares.

Our boys know how to tube feed and have spent enough time in the hospital that they know to ask for "a big room", and they know which foods to eat in the cafeteria. They carry so much on their shoulders, but their shoulders are broad - just like their Daddy💙.

Dating - 2001

We never would have guessed that we would be thrown into the world of special needs or that God would give us a family mission through two beautiful daughters that He would entrust to us for but a short time on earth💖We had no idea how much we would learn medically, relationally and spiritually through these Two Loves. Our Girls have made THE lasting mark on our Family - Reckless Love to ALL💚.

God has continued to provide spiritually, financially, emotionally, and in every other possible way. He has taught us just HOW FAITHFUL He truly is! What an honor it is to be a family that gets to show God's faithfulness, goodness and glory💜!  Thank you, Father.  

Even though this life isn't anything like we planned - it is a GOOD life.
How could we ever ask for more?

Michael McLaughlin, I adore you. Thank you for choosing me that day fourteen years ago and for choosing me every day since.
💞
.You continually amaze me with your faithfulness, kindness and laughter and I wouldn't want to walk this journey with anyone but you! I am yours in sickness and in health, for ETERNITY!!

Mike's Anniversary Card for me - waiting patiently on the fridge













You continually amaze me with your faithfulness, kindness and laughter and I wouldn't want to walk this journey with anyone but you! I am yours in sickness and in health, for ETERNITY!!
💖💖💖😍😍😍😘😘😘💘💘

No comments:

Post a Comment

50k Try