Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Be Gracious to My Spinning Plates!

The last several days have felt like a whirlwind.  Mike had his surgery on Friday, and it went incredibly well!  The doctor was amazed that Mike had been walking on that foot for so long.  He said, "it was REALLY messed up", and proceeded to show us (with his hands) how long the tendons were which he repaired.  They also sent a bone biopsy and we should get the results soon.  
Friday evening was so strange.  I was in a haze of confusion, or so it felt.  I think I had been carrying a lot with Mike's surgery, even though I didn't know it.  We have so much "medical" past, and that can be detrimental at times.  The kids all went their separate ways, except Miss Lucy, who stayed home with the nurse.  
Jayme, Mike's mom stayed with Mike while I went to our Hope Link Board Meeting.  Apparently, that too was weighing on my heart, mind and even body. Our meeting went very well - it was so sweet and good, and the Lord leads Hope Link!  I came home refreshed, yet tired and worn.  
We had a very hard time controlling Mike's pain even immediately after the surgery.  That continued into the weekend.  We mixed in soccer games and both sets of Grandparents were quite involved, helping us get everything run smoothly, all while taking care of Michael.  It was a good day.  
Sunday was normal, as I cared for Mike and the boys were with grandparents.  I started feeling like I was getting a cold, so that evening, I took some mucinex and cold medicine.  OH MY WORD.  You guys!  All day Monday, I was completely out of it.  I barely remember it, really.  I went to appointments with Mike and he had to wake me up.  He drove because I was so sleepy.  We got home and I slept all day and night, waking a few times.  It was the WORST, MOST confusing thing ever!  Even this morning was a struggle and thankfully my parents were on hand to get the kids off and Mike's parents took him to work for a bit.  It's like Monday never existed to me, and it scared me to death, especially with what my Momma has been through with the medication mix-ups.  
I've felt low today, I'm sure so much of it has to do with that stupid medication being inside of my body.  But overall, I think I've let things get to me - the surgery, terribly missing Ellie Kate, school, behavior, my pain, my mother, the sudden death of Mike's former boss, finances.  There is always someone who needs you, something you've missed, something you've forgotten, someone else to call, more things to organize (I think these apply to ALL of us, especially the women). All things spinning on so many different plates, and I've tried to balance them as best as I could.  I have been taking a break from things for that very reason, but once again this weekend, that all crept back up in my heart, in my mind.  

 Lessons Learned:
  • When you start getting overwhelmed, RUN to Jesus.  
  • When your heart is picking up speed, RUN to the Word of God and READ. 
  • When your thoughts won't stop DROP to your knees and pray.  
  • And don't take mucinex and cold medicine!  
I'm with you all the way! 


And, MOST importantly - you won't get lost in the midst of the chaos and unknowns, because God knows every end and every out. He knows every situation.  He knows every mess-up you've had.  He will be with you when you make things right  He made your every being, Friend. He is FOR you! And as a Dear Friend showed me tonight - The Lord WILL be gracious to you and may that graciousness come swiftly; may it fall over you like rain.  May His graciousness balance your plates! 


The Lord Will Be Gracious (ESV)

18 
Therefore the Lord waits to be gracious to you,

    and therefore he exalts himself to show mercy to you.
For the Lord is a God of justice;
    blessed are all those who wait for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

50k Try